It was June 29th, 2007 when Steve Jobs and Apple legitimately changed the world by introducing the iPhone to the public. For the first time ever you had a phone, a computer and a iPod all in one device. We knew it was big, but had no idea how much it would change the way that we function only ten years later.
That said, the company's upcoming annual keynote in September is expected to bring with it some pretty crazy stuff when it comes to the 10th anniversary of the iPhone.
One such rumor surrounds the expected release of the iPhone 8, also being codenamed "iPhone X".
Early reports are that they new device might eclipse the $1,000 mark due to some pretty groundbreaking new features that have been planned for the appointment setting release. Some of the features that might push that cost up are rumored to be as follows...
- Larger battery
- Double camera
- 5.8-inch OLED screen
- Sides made of “forged stainless steel” and a back made of glass
- Side power and volume buttons could be removed from the device
- The home button and fingerprint sensor built into the screen
- Memory upgrade from the current iPhone 7 line
- New 3D-sensing technology
I'm an Apple geek, so I'm ready for it!
What do you think?