MINNESOTA WILD CAPS REGULAR SEASON BY CELEBRATING FANS
TEAM TO WEAR 1967 REPLICA MINNESOTA NORTH STARS JERSEY DURING WARMUPS APRIL 4
SAINT PAUL, Minn. - The Minnesota Wild today announced details of its annual "Fan Celebration," set for the final two regular-season home games at Xcel Energy Center on Sunday, April 2 and Tuesday, April 4. On Sunday, April 2, when the Wild hosts the Colorado Avalanche at 5 p.m. on FOX Sports North and KFAN 100.3 FM, all fans will receive a scratch-and-win card presented by FOX Sports North and Great Clips upon entry. Prizes include autographed memorabilia from Wild players. The following events will take place on Tuesday, April 4 when the Wild hosts the Carolina Hurricanes at 7 p.m. on FOX Sports North and KFAN 100.3 FM:
- In recognition of the NHL first coming to Minnesota 50 seasons ago, Wild players will wear 1967 replica North Stars jerseys during pre-game warm ups.
- A limited number of North Stars jerseys worn by players during pre-game warm ups will be given away to fans selected randomly during the game. The remaining North Stars jerseys will be available on NHL Auctions to benefit the Minnesota Wild Foundation and the Minnesota NHL Alumni Association.
- "Jerseys Off Our Backs" - Fans will be selected randomly to receive game-worn Wild jerseys from that evening's contest, each delivered and autographed by the respective player in a special on-ice ceremony following the game.
- The team will honor Eric Staal for reaching the 1,000 game milestone (March 19) in a special pre-game ceremony.
- Goalie Carl Wetzel, who was on the Minnesota North Stars inaugural season roster, will make the "Let's Play Hockey" call prior to the game.
- All fans in attendance will receive a commemorative team poster on the outbound.