It's one of the best parts about the Holiday Season, Christmas cookies. That, spending time with family and watching my three-year old freak out because he's so excited for Santa completely make the season for me.
To be completely honest, I'm not all that picky when it comes to Christmas cookies, but there is one cookie that continues to stand out above the rest for me. A few years back my wife stumbled upon this recipe for "Soft-Baked White Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Cookies" and since that day I think I've craved them regularly.
We don't make them as often as I would like, which is probably a good thing for my waste line, but when we do make no qualms about it, I'll find them!
Check out the recipe below and give them a shot for your holiday festivities this season...
"Soft-Baked White Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Cookies"
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks to 170g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150g) packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (aka cornflour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (135g) white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup (105g) dried cranberries