We've been sitting on pins and needles for the past two weeks, but today we finally got out answer. The Minnesota Vikings have officially named Kwesi Adofo-Mensah the new General Manager of their organization.
For some of you, you've already done some digging on a candidate who was relatively unknown to us just 20 days ago. For the rest of you, here's a list of everything that you need to know about the Vikings newly name General Manager...
- He comes to us from the Cleveland Browns where he served for two seasons as Vice President of Football Operations.
- He's 40 years old (we're pretty sure, the Internet can't seem to agree on this)
- Has an Ivy League Degree in Economics (Princeton)
- Earned a Masters Degree in Economics from Stanford
- Began his career on Wall Street as a commodities trader
- Spent 7 seasons with the San Francisco 49ers as director of football research & development
- Landed job in Cleveland thanks to a chance elevator encounter at the combine
- Walk on, practice squad basketball player at Princeton where he grew 8 inches as a freshman
- Has ties to coaching candidates DeMeco Ryans, Kevin O'Connell, Mike McDaniel, Jim Harbaugh, Vic Fangio
- Is said to be heavy into the analytics side of the game
- He thinks he'd fare pretty well at Jeopardy!