Aerosmith, Tim McGraw, Pitbull, Rascal Flatts, REO Speedwagon playing 1st annual Music Festival
Shakopee, February 21, 2019 – Twin Cities Summer Jam presented by Mystic Lake, announced today the major artists playing the first-year music festival at Canterbury Park July 18-20, 2019. The 3-day music festival is the only one in the Twin Cities and the upper Midwest that combines music formats – rock, pop and country – every night.
Summer Jam will kick off with a Thursday night of country favorites and classic hits with Rascal Flatts headlining preceded by REO Speedwagon. Friday night, rock icons Aerosmith will headline with a special guest still to be announced as their opener.
Saturday night, music superstar Tim McGraw will headline following a performance by international artist Pitbull. The two, who’ve previously collaborated on a national TV special, will be performing in concert on the same stage for the very first time. Newcomers, Hobo Johnson & The Lovemakers will play before Pitbull.
Over 3 days, 12 bands will play the main stage with several more local and national emerging bands performing on a second stage in the Canterbury Park infield - which can accommodate more than 25,000 fans each night.
Tickets will go on sale March 8th at 10am exclusively through www.tcsummerjam.com. Additional unique features include:
- FREE parking
- RV Camping onsite with shower facilities
- Dedicated “easy in-and-out” route for: drop off/pick up, app ride services, shuttle service, and reserved parking
- Shuttles will be available between campsite, parking lot and the festival entrance
Twin Cities Summer Jam presented by Mystic Lake, is also proudly supported by Bell Bank, Bud Light, iHeartMedia, Kwik Trip, and Gray Duck Vodka
Twin Cities Summer Jam Amenities:
- Abundant FREE parking
- Dedicated "easy in-and-out" route for: drop off, ap Ride Share, shuttle service and reserved parking is available
- RV Camping onsite with showers and bathrooms available
- Shuttles between campsite and festival entrance
- Over 2,000 hotel rooms within 5 miles
- Hotel packages with service discounts available through our Official Hotel partner Mystic Lake Casino Hotel (10 minutes from venue)
- Access to indoor restrooms, air conditioning and excellent cellular service throughout the grounds
- Adequate indoor space to shelter concert attendees in case of sever weather
- Professionally trained security and law enforcement provided for a safe and fun event
Located in the "RiverSouth" entertainment district, there's plenty to do before gates open and after the show: Mystic Lake Casino Hotel, Valley Fair amusement park, 24-hour casino card play inside Canterbury, golfing at The Meadows at Mystic Lake, restaurants and shopping in the cities of Shakopee and Prior Lake, all within 5 to 10 minutes from festival grounds. Furthermore, MSP airport is 20 minutes from Canterbury Park.