Minneapolis, MN – The Minnesota Twins and Delaware North Sportservice – the team’s exclusive food, beverage and retail partner – today announced a variety of new and returning menu offerings to be served during the 2019 Major League Baseball season at Target Field, including many local Twin Cities favorites.
Some of the new concessions offerings in 2019 include:
· Soul Bowl (section 120): Chef Gerard Klass is reimagining Soul Food for Minnesota. This local brand allows fans to create their own Soul Food experience. Combinations can include: Shaggy Yellow Rice, JR Jong Jerk Chicken, Rick Ross Smoked Mushrooms, Sade Sweet Corn, Biggie BBQ braised beef, #MPLS Mac & Cheese, and Jill Scott Greens.
· Boomstick (section 127): New designated hitter Nelson Cruz (aka “Boomstick”) makes his Target Field debut with the Twins, as will the famous two-foot-long hot dog named after him, topped with chili, nacho cheese, grilled onions and jalapenos.
· Craft Sandwiches (section 114):
o Grown-Up Grilled Cheese (smoked cheddar, provolone and marinated tomatoes, served on thick-sliced brioche)
o Philly Cheesesteak (shaved sirloin, peppers and onions, cheese sauce, served on hoagie bun)
o Peanut Butter n’ Jelly Candied Bacon (peanut butter, candied bacon, served on sourdough bread)
· Hot Indian Foods Vegan Channa Rice Bowl (section 120): Chickpeas simmered in a smooth tomato masala sauce, served over garlic rice and topped with a mango and apple slaw dressing in coconut milk and crispy papadums.
· Roots for the Home Team (section 101)
o Bollywood Smash Salad (roasted cauliflower and chickpeas tossed with sorghum, mint, raisins, and a bok choy slaw topped with sunflower seeds and served with a mango vinaigrette dressing)
o Northside Fresh Salad (black-eyed peas, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, Brussel sprouts, serrano pepper, and currants topped with crispy wontons and pepitas in an avocado lime dressing)
· It's Greek to Me by Athena: Shareable boards consisting of chicken souvlaki skewers, Htipita feta spread, Tzatziki yogurt blend, pepperoncini, Kalamata olives, cucumber, variety of fruits and vegetables, pistachios, herbs and pita bread.
· Chicken & Waffle Cone: Chicken tenders, maple syrup and bacon, served in a waffle cone.
Another major change to the ballpark’s food lineup is the Gate 34 Experience, a newly renovated area open to all ticket holders that features an array of local food offerings that will rotate on a series-by-series basis to bring fans new and fresh dishes all season long. Some of the initial local offerings will include: Thumbs Cookies, Dearest Baker, Spinning Wydle gourmet cotton candy, Breaking Bread Café, Hip Pop Gourmet Popcorn and Zamboni’s Pizza & Pub.
Many more favorites from years past will be returning to the ballpark in 2019 as well, including but not limited to: Minnie and Paul’s, Pizza Lucé, Red Cow, CATCH, Barrio at Señor Smokes, Izzy’s Soft Serve, Izzabella’s Gelato, Kramarczuk’s Sausages, Turkey To Go, Holy Land, Baja Haus, Red Rabbit, Hell’s Kitchen, Crave, Tony O’s Cuban Sandwich, Andrew Zimmern’s Canteen, Roots for the Home Team, Mac’s Walleye and Chips, Pepsi, Old Dutch Chips, Taste of Schwan’s, Schweigert™ Hot Dogs, Sheboygan Sausages, J&J Snacks, Anheuser Busch, Summit, Aquafina, Giant Snacks, Killebrew Root Beer, Funacho, Pan O’ Gold, Fisher Nuts, Caribou Coffee, Barrio at Gate 6, Murray’s, Darby’s, Franklin Street Bakery, B Smith’s Olive Oil and Ken Davis BBQ.